A free one day course for Unison Reps and members
What is Flexible Retirement?
Flexible retirement enables employees (over 55) to continue working in some reduced capacity (e.g. part time) while at the same time drawing some of their pension benefits.You don’t need to retire and return to work – you negotiate flexible retirement while remaining employed.
This course aims to:
• Help you understand “ flexible retirement” and how to apply for it
• Help you understand your employer’s flexible retirement policy
• Give tips on how to successfully apply for flexible retirement
At the end of the course you will be able to:
• Understand the barriers your application might face
• Make a business case for your application
• Understand other options e.g. “flexible working”
If you require further information regarding this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the branch on 0161 877 9840